Monday 20 December 2010

Noma Bar





                                                           


I just recently encountered some of the work of Noma Bar in an online interview at grain edit.
The images are an embodiment of graphic explicitness in illustrative form. The way Bar expresses a concept in such a visually simple way brings new life to old saying a picture is worth a thousand words. To support this here is a small extraction from the interview:
                          
           How did you come to develop this style?
I’m attracted to actors that don’t use words. Maybe it is because I come from a foreign country and I have to do a lot of non-verbal communication. Comedy really influences me. I admire silent films because they have the ability to make people laugh without saying any words, basically doing visual things without talking. My work is like a comedy dialogue, short jokes, short stories. It quite similar to comedy in that it ends with a punch line.

No comments:

Post a Comment